Sunday, August 16, 2009

NEXT!!!

After mulling through all my paperwork on Sunday to file for unemployment I had to face reality - I was about to pull a ticket, stand in line, and wait to be greeted by a disgruntled, distressed, government worker with a hairy mole and salty breath shouting "NEXT".
The night before, I went online to get directions and hours for the unemployment office that was not only close to my house, but one in which I could get in/out of easily with as little struggle as possible. Since I live in a major metro city I knew NOT to go the downtown location or face chalking up my entire day to looking at wood paneling, old blue and dusty rose carpet feeling slightly out of place because I just knew I would never see this place. Afterall, unemployment numbers just came out and it looks as though it's beginning to stablize. We must be starting to crawl from under all this mud. So, as suspected the office opens at 8:00am. I've already mentally prepared myself to be there at 7:30 just to get ahead of the much anticipated long line that will form.

No comments:

Post a Comment